Saturday 29 October 2011

New Forest Autumn - in Black & White

Impressions from my 6 miles, 6 hours, 600 photos walk in the New Forest National Park, near Brockenhurst, Hampshire. No worries, you won't be seeing 600 pictures. I've selected the ones I like the best. Mainly trees... my favourite photo subject anyway... and I've chosen the ones with real character.

If you are interested in the walking route, the map and walk description can be downloaded here: http://www.hants.gov.uk/rh/walking/riverwalk-2.pdf
It takes you from Brockenhust train station, past St Nicholas Church, Roydon Manor, Newland Copse, Dilton Farm and Cottages, then along the Lymington river, onto Mill Lane back to Brockenhurst station.

Despite map, walk description and compass, I managed to get lost twice. But to my defence I must say that "at a large oak tree bear to the right; " is not very clear when you walk through an old oak tree forest. Nerveless, I got back on track soon and concluded the walk just in time for the next train that took me back home to Bournemouth.

And here are some of the photos I took along the way.












 







































Also check out my other post with pictures taken on the same day, same place: New Forest Autumn - in Colour

If you've enjoyed this post please feel free to share or forward it.
Or visit my website www.a-picture-a-day.com for more photo galleries.



2 comments:

Popping over from redbubble, my first comment seems to have disappeared. Wonderful woodland images.

Thank you very much Lynn !!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More